Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just Another Day



I know I've been doing some more topical posts lately, but I decided just to tell you all about the day I had today.
Monkey and I have been planning a city trip since the holidays started, and we had it today. It was great fun. We caught the train in this morning into the city, Monkey getting train-sick for some unusual reason and me perfectly fine, which is usually the reverse on car trips. After we arrived at Flinders we walked down to Degraves and had the most delicious crepes in the WORLD at this little Creperie that also does french baguettes. Yum. Chocolatey, creamy, crepey deliciousness!
After we scoffed them down we trammed our way to IMAX and saw 'How To Train Your Dragon' while eating popcorn that was (apologies, Village Cinemas) better than anyother popcorn ever eaten. And we got to wear very trendy 3D glasses at least twice the size of a normal pair. The movie was really great - seriously you cannot go past a good kids animated movie sometimes. We super enjoyed it.
The next instalment of our a
mazing adventure was to walk around Carlton Gardens which was very lovely. Saw a beautiful fountain and made wishes with one dollar coins.
We then went on a wonderful horse and carriage ride (something monkey had been wanting to do for
years) and went and bought some well-deserved lollies from Suga. We got a present for Xena, who just didn't feel well enough to come and felt very sad about it so needed some cheering up! We then went and bought at least 10 delicious cupcakes from the cupcake store on Degraves. Mmmm.... They are incredibly goo
d. I recommend that you all go! Get the strawberry one. :)
Monkey had never seen the church, so we went in to have a look because I think it's such a beautiful building. As non-religious as I am, I really love churches, the big old ones with the amazing high ceilings and stain-glass windows.
So after that we heade
d home.
Sitting here now with my noodle yum yum after having such a great day makes me wonder who and where I'd be without my sisters. I think I would have to be a different person. And life would be very different. There would be far less laughter I'm sure, less inside jokes and quotes. Probably a little less frustration at times but also a lot less happiness.
Sometimes I think my sisters are me and I am them in a sense, and without them I think I'd only be half.


No comments:

Post a Comment