Monday, June 14, 2010

Long Time Coming

Yes, yes, I know, it has been about a billion years since I've posted anything on here, but I have excuses! The YABC show have been on and it's all been a little hectic, with very little time spent at home. But it has all been worht it because the shows have been pretty damn amazing. Considering I wasn't really looking forward to them, I've had a lot of fun. You can't really help it when you're around all the hilariously fun people of YABC, belting out show tunes every night to an almost full theatre. What could be better, right?
So today is our day off. After a five show weekend (if you include the show friday) it is most definitley needed, and yet I miss the fact that I'm not performing. The consolation prize I suppose was the fact that the Tony's were on (hooray!) and that I could sing along to the performance of American Idiot.
Highlights of the Tonys? Of course:
  • Mathew Morrisson's number. Who knew he was so suave? Great voice too.
  • Kristin Chenoweth's fainting skit when she was told she wasn't even nominated this year. "That's unusual for me..." she says. Made me laugh :)
  • Christiane Noll's song. She was by far the best solo performance. Flawless.

And I think that's all the best bits. Now it's time for the highlights of the YABC shows!

  • New dance genre every show with Josh, especially our styling fosse number
  • 'Abdo-men' (polka will understand)
  • Spontaneous Scenic Railway ride
  • Jess coming to see the show, and making her laugh in pandemonium with triples jokes
  • Fosse ghosting

And I'm sure there will be more highlights in the next 7 shows! *phew*

Well that's all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. actually .. 6 shows.
    :(
    fosse ghosting = amazing!
    i miss emily quite a bit!

    also, i only have 4 shows left
    :'(

    ReplyDelete