Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day by Day

Hello there internet users,

I realise that I use this blog for big rants the majority of the time (and please don't take me too seriously in these rants, I try not to) and I don't really let people know what's going on on a day to day basis. Possibly because most of the time it's terribly dull, but I thought I may as well give you all a little insight into how I spent my week. Here we go!

Seeing as it's holidays for all those stressed out school goers and cool uni students, it was the week to catch up with some unintentionally neglected friends. Monday I saw someone who I have not seen in faaaar too long (and who I intend to give a codename but at the moment, I cannot for the life of me figure one out). It was absolutely lovely to see her. We spent some time in the city, gossiping and sharing our woes about boys and awkward situation stories, which was great fun and therapeutic to know that someone else is in the same boat as me. Another person from YABC who I haven't seen basically since last semester met up with us for a slightly over cocoa-ed hot chocolate in a trendy little cafe. Overall, it was lovely.

Next catchup was with ice cream, who clearly hasn't appeared in this blog for far too long. We also met up in the city and chilled, eating, discussing sim playing techniques, watching street performers and then being very sophisticated and checking out the art gallery. There were plenty of 'meaning of life' chats on the way, which seem to me to be quite rare. You have chats like this with people, but you rarely get to have one where you actually are both genuinely befuddled by life, and that always makes for good conversation.

The next event in my week was an incredible WAAPA workshop with addams and yonah who have not appeared in my blog before. AMAZING. It was basically a masterclass on how to audition for them, and for professional shows, and it was so worthwhile. We spent the three hours talking about everything you need to know about auditions, seeing example auditions, asking questions and the such. We also did a little acting thing which addams and I volunteered for. We pretty much just made fools of ourselves on stage but it was so much fun. A little bit of dance added to the end and we were set. Overall, it was really quite encouraging. For some reason, being told about the exhaustion, and the ten hour days, and the hard work it takes to be a WAAPA student only made me want to get in even more. Fingers crossed, right?

Now we move on to the party section of my post. I went to my first club (yes, first club experience ever) with the girlies: lemon, corks, and screws. We primped at screws' place (and she, of course, styled my outfit) and then headed out to 'seven'. In the line we bumped into some old HPS crew and a couple of Sandringham people that corks and lemon knew. So we stuck with them, but ended up being turned away from the club by unnecessarily mean bouncers because we weren't on a guest list, and general admission wasn't till ten. They then yelled at us to hurry up and get in a cab and go somewhere. Meanies.
So we headed to 'Eve' instead, which had far friendlier bouncers and had quite a fun night. I realise that it really doesn't matter what we do, if I'm with the girlies I'm bound to have a brilliant time. We danced, talked, laughed, took pictures and danced some more. I was uncomfortably reminded of a bit of a social conundrum that I'm preoccupied with at the moment, but the girls made me forget it. For a first club experience I would say it was quite good, there weren't too many awkward situations, although I did get slapped on the butt by an overly friendly stranger. Funny stuff.
After we had our fill of dancing, we got some early morning maccas and went back to screw's to squeeze uncomfortably into one bed (lime got her own mattress, lucky thing) and sleep, interrupted by corks' hilarious snoring.

Don't worry, the week is nearly over!

NEXT - I had work the next day. Was pretty out of it, but I haven't been to work for about three weeks so it's understandable for me to have almost forgotten the security code.
I came home to a bunch of Xena's friends, including two fellow bloggers who are soon to be travelling overseas. We made homemade pizzas, and it was good to see them and say goodbye before they go!
Monkey and I had a spontaneous sleepover, but were too exhausted by the moving of mattress' that we fell straight asleep.

And finally, today I did very little. I played a fantastic game of Sims, and then went over to hogwart's house for her birthday with Mum and monkey. I haven't seen her or her family in yonks so it was nice.

And that's it? Sufficiently bored everyone?
Well I believe I've fulfilled my quote of day-to-day information. I guess I can go back to blabbing on about whatever topic jumps to mind. Hooray!

Hope all is well for you all.

p.s. As you can see I decided to mix up the design of my blog. Keep or not? What's the general opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment