Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sorry...

So let's all give me a hearty boo for my level of commitment to this blog...
Apologies! I know, crappy, crappy, crappy. I've been super busy though, to make excuses! With showfit, work, cleaning my room, seeing shows, and so on and so forth I just haven't had the time to blog. But I promise I will make up for it now! Get ready for a super blog!

So back to the 30 day song challenge. I believe I was up to...

Day 3: A song that makes you happy.

Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root

Most of you will know this song from the movie, Matilda. I don't know whether it's because I love that movie so much, or because the song itself it great, it just always puts a smile on my face without fail. There's just something so positive and upbeat about it. It's not a song that you really dance to, or sing along well mostly because you can't understand a word the singer is singing. However, it's the kind of song you picture very happy movie montages (such as Matilda) happening to, where everything is going beautifully and happily and there's too much joy to possible be legal.
Just a beautiful song.

Day 4: A song that makes you sad.

The Letter - Billy Elliot

Even just singing this song in my head makes me teary. It is a song of a letter that Billy's mum wrote him for when he was 18. She knew she was going to die, so this is half a goodbye letter and half a way for her to remind him, when he is older, that she still loves him and watches over him. It is a duet with some beautiful harmonies, but it's not necessarily the music that makes me sad, just the lyrics.

And I will have missed you growing,
And I'll have missed you crying
And I'll have missed you laugh.
Missed your stomping and your shouting,
I'll have missed telling you off,
But please Billy,
Know that I was always there.
I was with you through everything.

Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone.

I think I have lots of answers for this one. Songs that I've performed with people always remind me of them, like when I think of 'How Does She Know' from Enchanted I think of Manford (Haven't used your codename in a while!!) because we were partners in that dance at YABC. Whenever I hear 'Tribute' by Jack Black I think of Monkey because that's our song that we like to rock out to randomly. Music is a huge part of my life, and the songs I sing and perform with people, or just the songs I listen to with them, really connect me to them.

Day 6: A song that reminds you of somewhere.

Hmmm... This one's a bit tougher. It's hard to think of these off the top of your head without your memory actually being triggered from the song. I cannot think of one!! If one comes into my head I'll post it later on but for now I've got nothing. Sorry!

Day 7: A song that reminds you of a certain event.

I wouldn't say this is an event per se, but I always think of it when I hear this song. 'Lovely Day' - it starts off, "When I wake up in the morning light, and the sunlight hurts my eyes."
It takes me straight back to primary school when I was becoming friends with my now best friends. Screws and I were on her trampoline after school making up dance routines that really involved no dancing, just bouncing, running and singing loudly. We did a little routine to this song and when the lyrics said "Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, LOVEly day, lovely day, lovely day, ahhhh..." We ran around the trampoline in a circle throwing our arms up and down and collapsing when we sung 'ahhh'. We thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. Our parents, who were forced to watch, probably thought the opposite but oh well. We had a heck of a time!

Day 8: A song that you know all the words to.

Well, not to blow my own horn but... I kind of know a lot of lyrics... *tosses hair* It's no biggie.
I love learning lyrics and knowing songs so I tend to learn quite a lot. But most notably, I suppose my thorough knowledge of every single song on the Jesus Christ Superstar album is my crowning glory. I know the lyrics to ever single song. I can sing the whole album from start to finish basically. Can you tell I love it?


SO I think that's enough for now! I've sufficiently caught up! Time to make some homemade pizzas - YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygod I remember that exactly! Who would have thought that that would be a memorable play after school? xxx

    ReplyDelete