Wednesday, August 18, 2010

News, News, News






Hello all!!

Now I was aiming to leave it a couple of days before
I posted again but I was so full of exciting news that I was about to burst and needed to get it all out of my system tout suite!

News piece #1:

I'M GOING TO PARIS AND LONDON NEXT MONTH! Yes I mysteriously mentioned it in a previous blog but did not elaborate just so I could increase suspense, did it work?
So yes indeedy, Emily is heading out to
Europe in under a month for 11 jam packed days of to
uristic wonder and french sophistication. It's all paid
for now, everything is organised now we just have to wait!
I'm going with my older sis, otherwise known as xena and we will be meeting up with several fellow blogging friends and some not so blogging, inc
luding rubix, and chatterbox, and wrong will meet up with us in Paris for some Disneyland adventure (!!! Disneyland !!!)
Another exciting thing is that we're staying on West End!! EEP!
It's been decided that we'll try to find attractive English (straight o
f course) musical theatre stars.

News piece #2

I bought an incredibly awesome wonderful professional proper-clicky sounding camera today. It takes beautiful photos but I have to learn how to use
it properly first. I did experiment a little bit today - here are some of the photos!


I love my new camera.


News piece #3

I'm writing a musical with Shming!
Yes, what started as a hilarious dramatic non-naturalistic piece about the Bermuda Triangle has actually been developed into a half decent synopsis, the first 4 songs and the first 6 scenes. Okay so we scrapped every bit about the Bermuda Triangle (sorry to those fans who loved this idea - and there were many I'm sure! It has potential!) and focused it around 5 year 12 students instead. It is incredibly exciting and it's moving really fast. Shming's musical talent never ceases to amaze me and I cannot wait to start workshopping it some more once the draft is done and get some people singing it!

News piece #4

While this isn't nearly as life changing as any of the other news pieces, it is an important part of my day. I took a gamble on a scratchy and... wait for it... I won! 5 smackaroos!
With glee I bounded up the the newsagents counter and demanded my winnings. And you know what the guy said?
"Do you want to buy another scratchy?"
Now we know how gambling problems start.
"No, I will quit while I'm ahead, take my five dollars and buy a packet of musk sticks and a push pop thank you very much."
It wasn't until later that I realised I really only won $1 as the scratchy cost $4 in the first place.
Damn the misleading world of passive gambling.


1 comment: